Introduction to TENS Machine
The Tens machine delivers electrical muscle stimulation that focuses only on sensory nerve endings that control pain caused by spasms and injury. Once the electronic current passes through muscles, the brain releases endorphins into the body. Endorphins reduce the pain felt by the patient. Also, the signal of the current blocks pain receptors in the brain. This aids endorphins to do their healing job better.
A Tens unit can help users to endure the pain and even get on the path to wellness. Results have been quite positive for those suffering from osteoarthritis pain.
The tens unit has been utilized widely as a pain inhibitor, especially during dental procedures. The University of Washington Orthopedics and Sports Medicine also admit that the Tens machine can also reduce inflammation of muscle fibres and even reduce nerve pain, and sciatica too.
Benefits of TENS Machine:
- Pain Relief: The primary advantage of using a TENS machine is to reduce the feeling of chronic pain. The impulses then aid in the release of endorphins that relieves pain naturally without any side effects.
- Increased Circulation & Healing: Muscles contract and relax with the flow of the electrical stimulation. With repeated contracting and relaxing, the blood flows in and out and the blood circulation is improve.
- Portable & user-friendly Machine: An advanced tool that is perfect for domestic use. Place the pads on the muscle that requires stimulation, and the machine will work wonders. Current TENS machines are small and handy. You can carry them in your pocket. Compared to other pain-relieving devices like massagers or inversion tables, Tens machines are highly convenient to use.
- Improved Sleep Patterns: Reduced pain can aid your body to relax. Hence one of the uses of a Tens unit is that your sleep quality will be better.
- Benefits for Spasms & Knots: Tens helps to relax your overworked muscles that have become knots. Knots and spasms tighten the muscles in the place of injury to protect the area from further harm.
- Increased Motion and Function: The TENS unit can be used with other treatment forms, and in pain can be used as a part of relaxation therapy, guided imagery, physiotherapy, and even for spinal manipulation for better motion and function of your body.
Natural Massager: 100 % drug-free method of relieving pain
- Reduced Inflammation: With proper stimulation, a tens machine can aid in reducing inflammation happening deep within the muscle fibers. Tens machines can also help in relieving pain from pinched nerves, sciatica, and back pain.
- Affordable Pain Relief Solution: The Tens machine is significantly less priced and way more effective than others
- Effective for multiple Conditions: A TENS unit is proven to be effective for the treatment of different conditions. It has particularly been highly effective in allaying back and knee pain while providing relief to people suffering from different forms of arthritis.
Read our article for a more in-depth understanding of how tens can manage your pain